Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A new generation of ministry

I sure hope you'll be joining us tonight for our Campaign Dinner in fellowship hall. It's a great opportunity to enjoy some great food, even better fellowship, and to better understand the importance of our G2G phase 2 campaign.

Many of you have already made a commitment to the campaign. Others are waiting until Commitment Sunday on February 23. To all, thank you for your commitment to preparing space for a new generation of ministry.

I'm not sure who helped to build my elementary school or Lineberger Park in Gastonia -- where I spent my first 7 years -- but I know it took a committed group of folks who had kids like me in mind. I'm not sure who drew up the plans for Robinwood Lake or Lutheran Chapel Church, but I know it took a group of faithful men and women who dreamed of future generations being woven into the fabric of that community.

That's how I think of this campaign. Future generations may not remember our names, but they will be formed, encouraged, cared for, challenged, and immensely blessed because of our commitment today.

Thank you for who you are and the important work you do at St. John's and in this community! We hope to see you tonight.